- Dental and Vision Insurance: DeCA employees in positions that convey eligibility for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (whether or not they are actually enrolled in FEHB) are eligible to enroll in Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP). New and newly eligible employees have within 60 days from their entry on duty to enroll in FEDVIP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: FSAFEDS offers two different flexible spending accounts – a health care flexible spending account and a dependent care flexible spending account. FSAFEDS has an open season each year at the same time as the Federal Employees Health Benefits program, during which eligible employees can enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) for the following year. New and newly eligible employees have 60 days after their entry on duty to enroll in this program. For more information on FSAFEDS, use link above. To enroll or to inquire about other FSAFEDS services, go to https://www.fsafeds.com.
- Health Insurance: New and newly eligible employees have within 60 days from their entry on duty to enroll in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program. Permanent or term employees with full time or part time schedules are eligible for FEHB. Eligible employees may also start, change, or stop health insurance if a qualifying event occurs. Open season for FEHB usually runs mid-November through mid-December each year, with benefits taking effect the first full pay period of the new year.
- Holidays: Official Federal holidays for the current year.
- Leave: Office of Personnel Management information about earning and using the various types of leave available to federal employees.
- Life Insurance: New and newly eligible employees are automatically enrolled in Basic insurance, with a 31 day time limit from their entry on duty to enroll in any of the optional coverage of the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Permanent or term employees with full time or part time schedules are eligible for FEGLI. Eligible employees may also start or increase life insurance if a qualifying event occurs. Employees are eligible to cancel or decrease coverage at any time. Open seasons for FEGLI do not occur annually. OPM is responsible for announcing the FEGLI open seasons.
- Long Term Care Insurance: DeCA employees in positions that convey eligibility for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (whether or not they are actually enrolled in FEHB) are eligible to enroll in long term health care. There is not a time limit in which you must enroll for long term health care. However, if you apply during the first 60 days of becoming eligible for long term health coverage, you can apply using the abbreviated underwriting application. Otherwise, you will be required to go through full underwriting. Follow the above link for the most current information on long term health care. Note: This is the only long term care insurance program sponsored by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- Retirement: The most up to date information on FERS, CSRS and CSRS Offset.
- Salary: Information about pay, overtime and other factors affecting pay. See Pay Tables (GS, WG, SES, etc.).
- Social Security: Follow the above link for the current information on social security benefits available to eligible recipients through the Social Security Administration.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP): The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is a retirement savings and investment plan for Federal employees. Congress established the TSP in the Federal Employees' Retirement System Act of 1986. The purpose of the TSP is to provide retirement income. The TSP offers Federal employees the same type of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under “401(k)” plans. More detailed information on TSP can be found at www.tsp.gov.
*Disclaimer for External Hyperlinks: The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsements by the Defense Commissary Agency of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. The Defense Commissary Agency does not exercise any editorial control over the the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense site. Please let us know about existing external links, which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links you believe ought to be included.