Green Chili Burritos
Macros / Serving Size
Protein 35 g | Fat 16 g | Carbs 59 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 507 | Protein 27 % | Fat 27 % | Carbs 46 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber 14 g | Sodium 1,603 mg | Sat. Fat 6 g
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 12-13 oz. canned chicken breast, drained
- 15-16 oz. canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz. canned corn, no added sugar or salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 4 oz. canned green chilies, mild and chopped (optional)
- 1 ½ cups green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, add the drained chicken, corn, beans, spices, and ½ cup of the enchilada sauce.
If using large tortillas, evenly distribute mixture between 4. If using small tortillas, distribute the mixture between 6-8. Spread 2 tbsp. of remaining sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish.
Place the chicken mixture on a tortilla, fold the right and left side over, then roll from the top, keeping the folded sides in. Place the rolled burrito, seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat.
Pour the remaining sauce on top of the burritos, and gently spread until evenly covered. Place aluminum foil over the baking dish.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the burritos. Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve 1 (large burrito) or 2 small burritos on a plate. Top with the lettuce, tomato and a dollop of yogurt.
Serve alongside a serving of your favorite fresh fruit that is in season.
- The nutrition information does not include the optional ingredients. It is based on 10 oz. yield of chicken meat when drained, an average yield of drained beans and corn (both low sodium or no salt added), and 7-8 inch diameter whole wheat tortillas.
- To decrease the sodium level, consider using frozen corn, and raw (frozen or fresh) chicken breast and adjust the cooking method. Consider baking the chicken in advance.
- Should this dish be consumed as prepared, care should be taken to watch the portion amount to keep at recommended serving of 1 and then balance the rest of the day's choices to low-sodium choices.