Microwave Speedy Shrimp Taco Plate
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 10-12 in. soft tortillas (preferably whole wheat or whole grain)
- 12-16 oz. frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 11-12 oz. fresh coleslaw kit (shredded carrots, cabbage, and sauce)
- 1 fresh lime
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup of fresh mango, peeled and diced
- 10-11 oz. bag of fresh coleslaw kit
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro divided.
Pat dry the thawed and detailed cooked shrimp. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice of half of the lime over the shrimp. Add the cumin, onion powder and garlic salt to the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until the shrimp is heated through.
Drain and rinse the black beans. Pour in a microwave-safe dish and stir in the salsa. Cover and microwave for 90 seconds.
Pour half of the cabbage and carrots of the coleslaw mix into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside the sauce for another use. In a medium bowl, mince 1 avocado with the remaining ½ of the lime juice and mix in ¼ cup of the fresh cilantro and the mango.
Warm the tortillas by covering with a damp paper towel in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Assemble the plate by placing ¼ of the shrimp in the tortilla topped with the mango, slaw mixture. Serve alongside the black bean topped with a sprinkle of additional cilantro and a little salt to taste.
- This plate is perfect for the office. Assemble the taco by only placing the shrimp in it. Put beans on the side. When ready to eat. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Top with the slaw and enjoy.